Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Music with Nancy

Last summer I signed Graham up for a music class called "Music with Nancy."  It's a toddler class offered through the Coralville Rec Center and it's fairly inexpensive so I figure if Graham didn't like it, no biggy.  Initially Graham would just sit on my lap during class, he never participated, yet as soon as we'd get in the car to head home he'd start blabbing on and on about Miss Nancy this and Miss Nancy that.  

After the summer session I debated whether or not to sign Graham up for any more classes, but I assumed since Graham talks about Miss Nancy all week and since he repeats all the things she does in class at home that he must like it, even though he doesn't really seem to be engaged during class.  So I signed up for 3 fall classes and then this spring 2 more classes.  

I am happy to report that after 6 months of Music with Nancy, Graham is finally starting to get the drift  :)  Just in the last 3 weeks Graham has started participating and engaging with the other kids in class.  Here are some of Graham's favorite parts of music class: 

[caption id="attachment_270" align="aligncenter" width="376" caption="Shake, shake, shake the parachute"][/caption]

 

Getting an Instrument

See Mom, this is how you play it!

Shaking his sillies out
 



  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment