Thursday, June 17, 2010

What to do, What to do???

As many of you have heard me say, I was asked elected begged to be co-direcor of our Church's VBS for this summer.  It might not have been on the top of my list of things I wanted to do this summer, but over all I have really enjoyed the experience.  The other 2 gals and I did a great job of planning and getting all the materials ready.  We even rounded up enough volunteers, which, let's face it, is usually the biggest hurdle and now all we need to do is put on the event.  Except for one problem... no one is signing their kids up to come???  We have been advertising since the beginning of April, there have been emails, church bulletins, we made a presentation a couple of times as both services, there are signs, a sign-up table, a fancy website with all kinds of links and information and we even worked the CR farmer's market handing out flyers and candy to try to reach new families.  And still no one is signing up... what do we do?  Cancel?  Postpone until later in the summer?  I, of course, want to keep on with the schedule for the families that have signed up, but it seems wasteful to not use all the supplies we bought and it's not like we're going to have another use for them later.  Of all the problems that entered my mind, a complete lack of attendance was not one of then...what to do, what to do???

No comments:

Post a Comment