Thursday, June 24, 2010

Like an Octopus

A mommy octopus is exactly what I feel like I've been for the last 2 days  :)  My neighbor, Amy, asked if there was anyway I could watch her kids for Wednesday and Thursday this week... of course I can help a friend in need, no problem.  So for the last 2 days I had an almost 2.5 yr old, a 22 month old and a 2 month old... this is why God decided it should take 9 months for a baby to be born! 

The first day went great.  Packed all the kids in the car, went and got Graham from pre-school, ate lunch and all kids took a nap at the same time... couldn't have asked for more.  When they woke up they were super excited to play together and the afternoon flew by.  Today, not so much  :(

Graham woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, so no matter what anyone did his response was to have a melt down.  The newness of having a playmate to share toys with had totally worn off and every toy poor Carter touched Graham shrieked and took away from him.  This of course this resulted in crying and more time-outs, but how much can I really do when I am trying to feed Addy or change a diaper?  There were a lot of tears shed at the Ahlers household today.  I could have used an 8th arm for sure. 

 All in all we survived... the Hogrefe kids were really, really good (I'm considering a trade agreement, one 2 mo old for a 2 yr old), but let me tell you, when Graham is having a bad day, everyone is having a bad day!  And there is nothing anyone can do but hope he wakes up on the right side of the bed after a good, LONG nap.

1 comment:

  1. Oy! Sorry the day didn't go as smoothly as yesterday. I too have thought about trading kiddos..... :)

    ReplyDelete