Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Is it stalking if we've met???

So before you get too "in your head" about this, NO, I am not stalking anyone  :)  I have, however met quite a few nice ladies at the Country Club we now belong to and while our kids hit it off and we have a nice time chatting about how bad we suck at golf etc, we never really exchange digits or any kind of information.  It always ends with "Yeah it would be so fun to play 9 holes or tennis sometime" and then the kids start screaming and the afternoon comes to an end.

Well we recently received a Membership Directory, so I got to thinking... if everyone has this directory, and if I am also listed in the directory, then it couldn't be TOO bad if I look up these ladies and ask them to play golf sometime, right?  So yeah, it's a little 'stalkery' but we have talked and introduced ourselves before, so it's not like I'm a complete stranger... plus I would be fine with someone looking me up and asking to get together, but then again I think I am maybe just a little more open than some.  So is it technically stalking someone's info if you've met before?  What are the rules on this?

2 comments:

  1. Totally do it. I would. I have gone up to people I've met at Tot Lot and then seen out in public and "reintroduced" myself. It's not weird at all. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No not weird /or stalking. Have courage to make contact . People will be open to friendship or not. Be proud of making the effort to open your life to new people . We need to have friends on many levels...go!

    ReplyDelete