Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sigh of Relief

Yesterday marked the kick off to the 2010-2011 year of MOPS, and I lived  :)  This year I had been asked to be one of the Hospitality Chairs on the Steering committee, so I thought 'oh why not?'  As it turns out, the Hospitality position is quite extensive and as my luck would have it, my parter backed out... I know, I have the best luck!

So at least for the moment, I am the sole Hospitality person and of course the majority of my role revolves around the first meeting, theme, table decor, name tags, foyer decor, set-up/ clean-up, food... all that fun stuff.  Needless to say, the first meeting was quite a big deal and the fact that I lived through it with only a few minor hiccups, is a huge sigh of relief  :)  I only wish I had been on the ball enough to bring my camera to take "proof" of all our hard work... maybe next meeting!

Now I suppose it's time to start planning the February meeting that I am in charge of leading, yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment