Thursday, September 30, 2010

All or None

So if you've met Tim and I you know that we are sort of... all or none, in or out, when it rains it pours kind of people.  I'm not sure why, but between personalities and luck, that "stigma" seems to fit us well.  And Graham, of course, is also living up to his share of the "all or none" title, as the kid literally has no off switch.  He's either 90 miles an hour or sleeping  :)

When Tim and I found out we need fertility drugs to help us conceive, we sat down and mentally prepared ourselves for the possibility of multiples.  It just seemed like if the drugs were to work at all, most likely they would work with a bang.  So when our testing went from
this...

to this!
 

I pretty much assumed there was most likely a whole litter of children in there  :)


Today was our first ultrasound and this is what we saw


Looks like for once the Ahlers family is keeping things under control with only one little baby in there.  With how sick I have been I would have sworn there were seven or so, but it looks like only one little stinker is causing all this fuss.  So at seven weeks our baby is about the size one a grain of rice, isn't she cute?  :)  Hopefully we'll get to do another ultrasound in a couple of weeks to get a better view.  Now we just have to pray all goes well and that the next 5 weeks fly by... come on 2nd trimester!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! With Hannah I swore there were twins. Obviously not, but apparently two eggs were dropped and only one fertilized. Whew. Close call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best news ever! The Heart Gala still owes you two more meals so whenever you feel like eating, let me know and we'll get them lined up.

    Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME, Kate!!! I was wondering when I saw you at MOPS on Tuesday.. I just had this feeling! SOOOOOO happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats again on ONE healthy baby! That is such fantastic news that everything looks good! 2nd tri is just around the corner and you will be feeling great in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie---I'm soooo excited for you guys! Sure hope you are feeling better and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Also...I just finished the girl with dragon tattoo book and I'm on the second one now...great books! Take care!

    ReplyDelete