Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Maybe the best day EVER!

This past Friday was my first day, since becoming a mom, where I not only didn't have a child with me, but I also didn't have a schedule of events to occupy my day.  Tim's mom and dad were kind enough to give me a much needed break and take Graham Thursday night 'til Sunday morning.  I am so blessed Graham has such loving and generous grandparents who live so close and are willing to keep him every once in a while.  God bless Grandparents!

So we have taken Graham to one or the other of his grandparents' houses many times, but it was always for a weekend wedding or a short trip somewhere/ work obligation for Tim.  I've never gotten a whole day just to do whatever I wanted... until Friday.  It was so GLORIOUS!  I slept it, watched a little Ellen and got ready at my own pace.  I had lunch with a lovely friend and actually got to gab without constant interruption.  I ready my book and I even went clothes shopping, at the mall, for 2 whole hours BY MYSELF!  I can't even tell you the feeling of shopping by yourself... there are no words  :)  And then to top the day off, Tim came home and treated me to dinner and a movie.  I seriously think Friday is in the top 10 best days EVER  :)

Of course Saturday and going to the Iowa vs. Iowa State (Go Hawks!) game was fun too, just not quite as relaxing as a day of peace and quite by myself!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a wonderful day!! I went shopping a few weeks ago all by myself and thought it was serious fun. Forgot what it's like to go to the mall and actually window shop!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! and date night with the hubby- even better! do you guys get a date night this week???

    ReplyDelete