Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Keep Your Fingers Crossed!

As most of you know, our family is a little challenged when it comes to making babies... it's not that we can't have them, we obviously have Graham and as far as I'm concerned he's perfect in every way, it's just that it takes us about a hundred years to actually conceive a baby.  Why you ask?  Who in the hell knows!  If you have any suggestions you'd like to throw out there, please let me know.  I'm up for some new ones, because the same old 'ovulation troubles,' 'not enough sperm,' ' having to have sex while standing on your head to be in the right position' have all been thoroughly tested and ruled out. 

According to medical knowledge as it stands today, we should be able to make a baby in any given month, yet this miraculous occurence has yet to happen and now another nine months of my life has gone by.  That's nine months of peeing on sticks, forcing the ever so endearing "wanna try to have a baby" sex, which we all know is great, and nine whole months of WAITING for that little pink line that never appears.  So add that to the 18 months it took us to get pregnant with Graham and I could have 4 kids by now... well maybe not, but 2 at least!

Enough of that, the point is that this Friday is "D-Day" in baby world for me.  We have a fertility appointment at 1:45 and I will either find out I am already pregnant, which would totally be my luck now that I've waited for 3 months for this appointment, or I will find out what my next steps are towards actually conceiving another child before I'm 40!  Either way I'm hoping for big things... so keep your fingers crossed, maybe say a little prayer or throw an extra Hail Mary my way because as things seems to roll in my life, I'm going to need it!

One last story on this note... we have been saying night-time prayers with Graham now that we feel he is old enough to somewhat understand.  So we were praying on Saturday night and he asked me who I pray for and I told him I pray for him and our family and that hopefully someday he will have a brother or sister to play with.  When we went to church on Sunday I told Graham to remember to pray to baby Jesus, because like Ricky Bobby from Talladega Nights, we must pray to "baby" Jesus.  Anyway, he told me he did and I asked what he prayed for.  He said he asked baby Jesus if he could have a baby brother or sister to play with.  I asked what baby Jesus said, he told me "baby Jesus said to give me a baby sister right now... I want to play with it!"  Not totally sure that we're quite there on grasping the idea of praying or even what a baby brother/ sister really is, but I guess it's the effort that counts  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment