Friday, December 3, 2010

"Tis the Season...

For shopping!  Naturally I am not a huge shopper, but during the Holidays I just can't get enough.  I love to shop even if I don't end up buying anything, which, let's face it, with Graham in tow that happens more than not. 
I have to admit shopping for Graham is my favorite.  It's so awesome to pick out gifts you know your kids are going to just love and to think of the big smiles on their faces.  This year I took drug Tim out on Thanksgiving night to stand in line at Toys R Us to get some awesome deals for Graham.  We were in after an hour and got everything on our list, even one extra with the money we saved :)  There was a lot of grumbling about how ridiculous the whole process was, but when the 50% savings rang up on the receipt, Tim's attitude seemed to change... hmm!  Now I will do an hour in line, but the crazies that were out @ 9pm for the 5am Best Buy deals, those people need their heads examined.  Even a free TV isn't worth that kind of frostbite.
So far I am knocking off my list of people to buy for at a nice pace, but now we are onto the exchange names and those are a bit trickier.  I like to put a lot of thought into my gifts and try to find something I know the person will like, but as we get older I am having a harder and harder time.  We really don't NEED things like we did in college, but I'm sure I'll find something for everyone.
Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment