Friday, December 10, 2010

Holy Crap (Literally) A Christmas Miracle

I know Christmas is the season for miracles, but truthfully I didn't think this feat was even in the cards.  As many of you know Graham has been #1 potty trained since July, but when it comes for #2 the kid simply would not go.  We tried every bribe in the book, but no dice.

Over the last week Graham has been showing small signs of maybe being ready to try again, however, we've seen these signs millions of times before.  When Graham finally decides he just can't live without the bribe we are offering he starts "trying" to go potty until mommy's patients give out and we just give him the bribe so we can move on and stop spending hours of every day in the bathroom with NO #2. 

I honestly didn't think much of his "trying", but Tim took some interest two nights ago and talked to Graham for almost a half an hour all about when he was little and learning to go "poopers" and how at first it was scary and then he found out how easy it was etc.  Graham seemed to actually listen and told Tim how he was scared too  :( 

Apparently Tim must have somehow convinced him going "poopers" was not scary because after school yesterday Graham WENT!  He actually went #2 in the potty.  Holy Crap, it really must be true, a real Christmas miracle!  I set his little potty chair on the floor, turned Toy Story on and went up stairs to make lunch.  Ten minutes later I hear Graham yelling, "I did it mom, I went poopers!"  And he did.  The kid unzipped his jean, pulled his pull up down and went all by himself.  I cried... maybe it's the baby hormones or just the months of endless "trying" but I was so happy I would have given Graham the world at that point :)

As a congratulatory award Graham got to make a Build-A-Bear... he's only been asking every time we go to the mall for the last 4 months, so I figured it was a good treat.

Here is the puppy he picked out... he's in love with it, takes it everywhere, it's so cute!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Graham. I know how it was driving you crazy and am so happy he finally got it. Good for Tim and whatever he told him! I hope it keeps up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're still working on Allison, and she turns 3 next week! She's done a number 2 in the potty like 3 times ever, but most of the time saves it for bed time when she's wearing a pull up.

    ReplyDelete