Monday, December 13, 2010

Gender Predictions

I had my 16/ well actually 17 week appointment last Wednesday and all looks great with baby Ahlers  :)  I was hoping 16 weeks was the magic date and I could schedule my next ultrasound, but apparently 20 weeks is the goal, so I have to wait until December 30th.  I don't remember wanting to know the sex so bad with Graham, but I am dieing to know this time.  Maybe last time I didn't care because I didn't already have a boy, or maybe I just can't wait to be able to tell Graham it's a girl or it's a boy, but I am really struggling with the waiting this time.  After that slight let down, Dr. Wenzel and I just talked about the usual things and then listened for the baby's heartbeat, which was in the 140's, good and strong.

When I got home I got to thinking, maybe I could predict whether we are having a boy or a girl before the ultrasound.  I know, I know, but it's fun to look anyway.  Wasn't there an old wives tale saying something about the baby's heart rate predicting the sex?  I looked it up and yes, it is a "tale" but the tale says < 140 means boy and >140 means girl. 

Of course 142-144 isn't really much above 140 so I felt it was too close to call and began searching for another prediction site.  I read the Chinese gender chart next.  I was 28 when we conceived and we conceived in August, so... GIRL is what they predict!  Yay!

I'm sure I could have continued on to read a thousand more ways to guess at the baby's sex, but since I am sort of hoping for a girl and the first to predictions pointed to pink, I decided to leave the rest to fate  :)  Truthfully I would be more than overjoyed to just have a healthy, strong baby growing inside, boy or girl.  Baby Ahlers will be perfect in every way in my eyes whether or not it's sans wee-wee!

1 comment:

  1. for graham's sake and for your budget-- i say boy :) but excited to find out either way!!

    ReplyDelete