Wednesday, December 8, 2010

For Christmas Graham would like.... a what???

For the past month or so I have been asking Graham what he would ask Santa for when we saw him/ wrote a letter for St. Nick to take.  And surprisingly he has been very consistent.  For Christmas he would like:
A scooter
Charlie Brown

Right... so a scooter I got.  He's going to kill himself, but at least with a helmet we might make it a week.  But a Charlie Brown?  What the heck is that?  My first thought was a movie, but Graham usually says Toy Story movie or Cars Movie, so when I asked a Charlie Brown movie?  And he said NO, I got a little concerned. 

What in the world is a Charlie Brown?  I'm sure they make a doll, but he's never seen one, so where would he get that idea?  Does he mean Snoopy, like at the Hallmark store?  Maybe, but when we go in there he calls those Snoopy dogs.  I'm pretty much at a loss.  And while I realize that Santa doesn't always bring EVERYTHING on your list... this is the first Christmas where Graham gets the drift of who Santa is and what is going on.  Plus the kid's list is pretty short, sweet and to the point, I think he might notice if one of the TWO things he asked for isn't present.

So I thought maybe I could get him to list some other things he'd like from Santa instead, kind of hide my unknowing with other gifts.  Yeah, not so much.  Graham told me he is 2, so two things is enough for his list, we can do 3 thing next year.  How can you argue with that?  I love that the kid is smart, but when I can't out smart him at 2, I'm really going to have no hope at 10  :(  So here's to hoping Tim and I magically figure out what a Charlie Brown is in the near future!  17 more days...Happy Shopping!

2 comments:

  1. They have Charlie Brown dolls at Hy-Vee in Coralville. We got one that comes with a Christmas tree, they also have snoopy with a doghouse and some other characters. They are back in the Holiday stuff and in the aisle of Holiday stuff by itself facing the dairy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cracks me up. What a smarty. Hmm a Charlie Brown. Good luck with that. Sounds like Jessi may have the answer for you, if he really does mean the actual Charlie Brown. Let us know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete