Thursday, January 28, 2010

Gettin' my hair did



To get your hair "did" is one of my most favorite southern sayings, as is actually getting my hair cut one of my most favorite things to do.  It' been over a week now since I got my last hair cut and I'm still loving it.  I think it's the whole idea of the event that gets me excited.  First, it's the one decision I can solely make on my own without any input from my husband, mother or friends.  Do I want it cut shorter, colored, highlighted, bangs, no bangs, I get to decide.  Second, getting a hair cut might be the only thing in my life that I actually get to do alone, no husbands, kids, dogs, phones, just alone.  And third, it's just so relaxing.  You can dish gossip on family members or friends to your hair stylist without being reserved because after all, she doesn't know your family. 

Your hairstylist is like this one amazing friend who is always there to listen and give advice, but who doesn't have any kind of bias because she doesn't really know any of the people or issues you are talking about.  My hairstylist is the best!  She's super cute and fun and really easy to talk to.  I can tell her anything and she always seems to see my side  :)  I can also live or relive my 'young' life through her when she tells her stories of going out or the fun party her and her husband threw the weekend before.  Plus, she's trendy, so I always get the added bonus of good fashion tips when  go to see her.  But best of all, she always has me leaving the salon feeling like a million dollars.  It's like our chats lift a weight from my chest and my hair looks great... what more could you ask for?

So where is the glorious place of wonder where you can get risk free family and fashion advice and a wonderful haircut?  I know you must be thinking heaven, but I say it's any local hair salon.  Find a great gal/ guy you love and let the relaxation begin.  As for me, I go to le reve on 965 in North Liberty.  If you are ever looking for a new stylist, Sarah is the best!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to check her out, I'm in bad need of having my hair "did".

    ReplyDelete