Saturday, April 2, 2011

What an Awesome Week!

I have been dieing to update my blog all week, but I was afraid if I did I would jinx my good luck  :)  It has been a whole week now, so I'm feeling like I'm in the clear...

It started with our house.  We had a showing on Monday March 21st and withing 20 mins of leaving the couple made us an awesome offer.  We still countered just to see and they accepted!  We were literally in shock until Saturday when we officially signed all the paperwork.  It's not a done deal yet, but assuming all goes well we will be back to owning a single house on May 13th  :)

Then there was last Friday night, the American Heart Association Gala.  Tim was the Co-Chair of the Gala this year and we usually try to safe some money to bid on auction items etc.  This year with the move and the baby buying auction items just wasn't in the cards, but Tim did buy a raffle ticket... and we won!  We brought home a 46" Samsung LCD Flat screen TV for $20!  Talk about good luck.

Then this past week Graham started pooping on the potty!  Since he has been otherwise potty trained since July 3rd of last year, this is somewhat of a miracle.  It was a little forced on my part, because I caught him ALMOST in the act of pooping and told him we were sitting on the potty until he went.  But he finally did and has been telling me and going by himself ever since  :) 

In the midst of all this excitement I did have one minor setback, my blood pressure is starting to raise again and I was a little nervous they were going to begin monitoring and bed rest again like they did at 33 weeks last time.  But I have been super careful with my salt in take and have been drinking what feels like gallons of water an walla, blood pressure this week is better and all looks to be going great :) 

Today is a beautiful sunny, warm day and tomorrow my mom and I are going to Des Moines to do some more baby shopping.  Honestly, what more could you ask for in a week?

No comments:

Post a Comment