Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Newest Addiction

When it comes to books I am fairly hard to please.  I am not an avid book reader, so for a book to be "worthy" of my ever precious TV or sleeping time (because let's face it before bed is the only time I am alone to read) it has to be really, really good. 
I began my return to reading with "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series... maybe a bit of a stretch as each of the 3 books were like 700ish pages, but totally worth every minute.  I loved, loved, loved that series.  When I was done I had a hard time finding another book that kept my interest as well, until I start this:
The Hunger Game Series
OMG!  I can't put it down.  I will read until the wee hours of the morning, because I just can't stop.  It's only been 2 days and I'm almost finished.  Granted it is not a super hard read, but since I read a near snail pace, this is quite impressive.  The book is like Gladiator meets Olympics only with teenagers forced into being the participants who must fight to the death.  And while that may seem a bit far fetched, it is completely realistic and believable.  You fall in love with the characters instantly.  So I am cutting this blog short to get in a few precious minutes of reading before nap time is over.  But definitely check this series out... so good!
Here's what's next:

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that is really an amazing series! I started reading them last year and raved about them. It's very addictive! Be ready to read well into the night at some point...it gets to a point where you just can't stop. Hint: don't read the back cover/review of Catching Fire before you start it...it's better that way!

    ReplyDelete